From Agile practice to Leadership and personal/team reflections – Overview of topics of this tour
This week we published the main part of the Agile Tour program. Here I’d like to share some brief facts about the topics we received and how we made the selection.
We’re so excited to receive in total 89 submissions of papers. For me, it’s like a feast to read through so many interesting topics. I can’t wait to learn from so many inspiring speakers. As organizers, we want to create the space for people to share agile related practices. So there are many criteria that we took consideration. E.g.
The areas of considerations are
- Agile practices
- Software vs. non-software
- Startups all the way through big corporations
- Gender balance of speakers
- Leadership in an agile world
- Individual and team reflections
- Innovative operating models e.g. sociocracy
- Surprising topics
Based on all the submissions, we made the preselection based on the following principles
- We’d like to have inspiring topics that cover many aspects of agile, not only software, but also the human elements and self awareness
- We want to make this event a sustainable event, which will give priority to speakers located in close proximity, who do not need to travel long-distance
- We welcome critical voices or surprising insights that can trigger dialogs and learning
As we stated in the “By and for the community” motto, we’ll publish our finances. In case we make a profit, we’ll refund the travel cost of speakers. Speakers are not asked to pay the ticket price to join or to speak.
We welcome all selected and accepted speakers to spread the word, and together let’s foster the agile community!